Bride and Groom
- Valid passports Passports are required for all travelers to enter Mexico and are also mandatory for a legal wedding to be performed. Passports must be presented to the onsite wedding coordinator at the time of the wedding consultation in Cancun.
- Tourist Card These are provided to all persons on the plane prior to arrival into Cancun’s International Airport. Names on Tourist Card and Passport MUST be the same.
- Blood test To determine blood type, HIV and STD. Tests must be taken at the resort and results are ready within 24 hours. Fees of approximately $125.00 per person apply (unless stated as an inclusion in your package) and include a health certificate required for the a legal ceremony to be performed.
- Birth Certificates (Azul Beach Hotel only) Birth certificates for the bride and groom are required for all legal ceremonies at the Azul Beach Hotel. The birth certificates must have an apostille seal as well. Translation of the birth certificate and apostille seal are not required. Original birth certificates will not be returned to the wedding couple. The apostille seal is necessary when issuing a document from one country to another for legal purposes.
- Divorced Brides
(El Dorado Royale and El Dorado Seaside Suites) If the groom is divorced no additional documentation is needed. If the bride is divorced (must be for 1 year before remarrying) and her passport is under her maiden name no additional documentation is needed. If the bride’s passport is under her ex-husbands last name than she must have her birth certificate. The birth certificate must also have an apostille seal and be translated into Spanish by an official translator. This is required for a legal ceremony to be performed.
(Azul Beach Hotel) If the bride is divorced (must be for one full year before remarrying) and her last name is different then her maiden name, then translated copies of the divorce decree are required. The divorce decree must also have an apostille seal. If the bride is dovroced and her passport is in her maiden name, copies of the divorce decree are not required.
- Apostille Seal is necessary when issuing a document from one country to another for legal purposes. For information on how to obtain the apostille seal document please contact the Secretary of Sate office or visit www.state.gov or www.coordinatedlegal.com/SecretaryOfState.php.
- Translations must be done prior to arrival at the hotel.
- Bride and Groom (and witnesses) must arrive to their hotel 3 business days prior to the legal wedding ceremony date in order to complete the blood tests and process the necessary documents. Saturday and Sunday are not considered working days. If you arrive on Saturday, you can get married on Thursday as the 3 working days would be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- If a bride or grooms former spouse is deceased then a copy of the death certificate is required. This is required for legal ceremonies only.
- Symbolic and Religious ceremonies do not require the bride and groom to submit a passport, death certificate, copy of divorce decree, have a blood test or arrive 3 business days prior to the ceremony. It is a requirement to have at least one full day between the arrival date and the ceremony date.
- Religious ceremonies performed by a priest or rabbi (not a non-denominational minister) require official letters from the bride and grooms house of worship. Please ask you wedding coordinator for details.
Witnesses - Civil Ceremony
Legal ceremonies require the bride and groom to have 4 witnesses. It is not required for symbolic/religious ceremonies. If the couple provides their own witnesses the following information is needed.
- A completed Civil Registration Form (click here to fill the form) indicating witnesses name, age, nationality, home address and occupation
- Valid passport or driver’s license.
- Tourist Card
- Witnesses must arrive to the hotel 3 business days prior to the legal wedding ceremony date in order to complete the document process.
- Witnesses must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the ceremony.
- Witnesses can be provided by the resort if the bride and groom choose at a charge of $20 per witness payable to the hotel directly in cash.
|Romantic Packages||2009 Wedding Packages||Wedding Requirements||Honeymoon Packages|
|In Room Packages||Azul Beach||Required Documents||Azul Beach|
|Romantic Breakfast||Azul Fives||Wedding Confirmation||Azul Fives|
|Candle Light Dinner||Azul Sensatori||Wedding F.A.Q.||Azul Sensatori|
|Jacuzzi Delight||El Dorado Maroma||Catholic Weddings||El Dorado Maroma|
|Lobster Dinner||El Dorado Royale||El Dorado Royale|
|Massage & Dinner||El Dorado Seaside Suites||El Dorado Seaside Suites|